The Art of Mental Training: A Guide to Performance Excellence
D. C. Gonzalez
Format: PDF / Kindle (mobi) / ePub
Achieve the Champion Mindset for Peak Performance with this Amazon Best Seller
Reach new levels of success and mental toughness with this ultimate guide.
Learn the "Science of Success" and prepare to excel.
Peak Performance Coach and Best-Selling Author, DC Gonzalez is among a very fortunate few that have had the unique experience of learning from the late P.C. Siegel, a world-renowned sports and peak performance authority, sports hypnotherapist, and Neuro Linguistics Programming (NLP) Master Practitioner.
In this concise and highly acclaimed training guide, Coach DC Gonzalez teaches a blend of unique mental training technologies, sports psychology essentials, and peak performance methods that are effective and motivational. Get ready to increase your self-belief, self-confidence, and mental toughness using this powerful guide designed to help you reach new levels of success, sports performance and personal development.
This book is powerful, in it Dan explains, teaches, and helps you develop the psychological skills required for peak performance, while pointing out the underlying mental training strategies that will help anyone reach higher levels of achievement and performance - not by random chance, but by focused choice.
The Art of Mental Training teaches the critical essentials while interwoven with stories from Dan's fascinating background as an Aviator in the Navy, a Federal Agent, Military Cyber-Security Specialist, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt and a Peak Performance Coach. Dan creates a powerful teaching connection between his adrenaline-filled life experiences and the mental skills and mental training that make all the difference.
• Access your true potential, control your state and excel even under extreme pressure
• Enhance performance by transforming the negative energy generated by nervousness and fear into shatterproof confidence
• Improve focus and concentration for positive results — often instantly — with battle-tested mental training techniques
• Learn the psychological factors that will help you view set-backs as opportunities to create lasting positive change
• Enhance visualization techniques and create success imagery loaded with feelings and emotions that will generate powerful results
• Understand what to practice and which success conditioning exercises will vastly improve your self-belief, self-confidence and performance
• Gain access to the coaching psychology behind redirecting anger energy and using it to strengthen your resolve and remain in control
• Use proven sport psychology techniques to leave your ego outside your event and avoid performance choking completely
• Learn to create the Ideal Performance State using Neuro Linguistics Programming and “The Critical Three”
• Get rid of limiting beliefs and the negative critic in your head once and for all
• Achieve the champion mindset and gain the mental edge over your opponents or the situation on demand
• Learn how to find the place from which peak performance springs forth
The lessons and techniques presented in this book are essential reading for anyone seeking more success and peak performance, whether it be on the playing field, in business, or life in general. Whatever your personal endeavor may be, whatever challenge you may be facing; these lessons will prepare you to move forward and to excel in a powerful way. Reach new levels of personal success and performance, as you learn, practice, and apply these powerful concepts and proven techniques.
Mental Climate, and having been given the knowledge, tools, and techniques required to achieve it, the Warrior/Champion is able to empower all aspects of his performance. So just for starters . . . understand this: Whatever is going on inside your head has everything to do with how well you end up performing. The Art of Mental Training Chapter 1: The Three-Minute Lesson As the mental-edge trainer for university athletics, it was easy for me to spot which athletes wanted the mental
breathing?” “Exactly. That’s where we start. You must focus and breathe in a controlled way. Watch your breathing. Control your breathing. Doing this has a calming effect; but more importantly, it brings you back into the present moment. Once you are back, once you have returned to the present you (or any warrior) must then face his fear.” “Confront your fear.” I suggested. “Indeed. Ask yourself what you are so afraid of. Confront it rationally. This you must do before you can face your fear
had appeared to have had no effect on me at all . . . And so began my career as a Special Agent. Pressure. Intense pressure. I had known plenty of it in the military. If there's one thing that most athletes will tell me they want their mental training programs to help them with right away, it's being able to perform better under pressure. Of course, feeling the pressure of competition is not in itself a bad thing; it can actually help to bring out the best in you. It’s really how you deal with
find a private corner in the locker room. Then he would lie down using a towel as a pillow and cover his eyes. Pelé explained how he began to watch a film in his mind’s eye: a film of himself as a kid playing soccer on the beach in Brazil. He let this “movie” bring back glorious memories of the sand, the warm sun on his back, the ocean breeze feathering his temples. He would vividly recall the thrill of the game, the joy that it brought to him; he would immerse himself in his love of the game,
Never allow yourself to entertain images or feelings of defeat during your Imagineering sessions. This is because whatever impressions reach the subconscious mind it will accept as being true—and what it believes to be true affects your performance. Feed it empowering, successful images and feelings, and it delivers performance, drive, and motivation from deep within yourself in line with those images and feelings. However, if you feed it suggestions of worries or failure then you will defeat